COVID-19: Our Commitment to Our Hanger Family
Updated: March 27, 2020
As the world continues to respond to the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic, we remain focused on protecting the health and safety of our employees, patients, customers, associates and communities.
We have a cross-functional leadership team closely monitoring the evolving COVID-19 situation, specifically, guidance and updates from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and World Health Organization (WHO). In addition, Hanger is following social distancing, shelter-in-place, and essential-travel-only mandates by state and local governments and complying with all guidance.
With this information, the team is developing and implementing calculated, thoughtful plans and actions related to our approach to patient care and other operational elements of our business.
Proactive actions we are taking:
- Providing our Hanger Clinic team members, as essential healthcare providers, with guidance on how to triage patient care needs and minimize exposure, while focusing on essential care.
- Communicating with Hanger Clinic patients nationwide to conduct thorough health and exposure risk screenings before in-person appointments, and reschedule or shift care to remote consultations when appropriate.
- Requiring team members to take preventive measures recommended by the CDC.
- Provided our 5,000+ employees with mandatory training containing prescriptive preventive measures and resources, including: reinforcement of facility cleaning guidelines, guidance on personal protective care and use, and instructions on reporting a COVID-19 exposure.
- Securing and distributing needed supplies and personal protective equipment to locations across the country.
- Restricting non-essential employee travel, limiting non-essential visits to our facilities, and encouraging use of virtual meetings and work-from-home capabilities when possible.
For our Hanger Clinic patients:
- Please visit our Hanger Clinic resource page for the most up-to-date guidance on steps we are taking to provide care during this time.
- If you have a question or need further guidance, please contact your local Hanger Clinic team, or you can reach out to us at HangerClinic.com or by dialing 1-877-4HANGER.
For our Hanger supplier partners:
- Thank you for your understanding and cooperation as we all work together to limit close contact and shift communications and visits to remote or virtual resources at this time.
We are grateful to our Hanger family for all they are doing to meet this unprecedented challenge, particularly our employees, who are working with diligence and dedication to evolve how we provide essential care and ensure we fulfill our mantra of empowering human potential during this time and always. Rest assured, we are continuing to take all necessary measures to protect the health of our Hanger family and respond thoughtfully to this ongoing situation.
President & CEO