Hanger Foundation Diversity Scholarships
Awarded via University Partnerships
In January 2021, the Hanger Foundation launched the Hanger Foundation Diversity Scholarship program as part of its commitment to diversity and inclusion in the orthotics and prosthetics (O&P) profession. The new program diversifies the Foundation’s offerings, while still committing to advance communities by supporting charitable organizations that help people with limb loss, limb difference and other physical challenges.
The scholarships supplement the cost of the two-year Masters of Science in Prosthetics and Orthotics (MSPO) program and offer a two-year mentorship with the option of pursuing a residency with Hanger Clinic. Every fall, the Hanger Foundation issues the scholarships directly to a number of universities across the nation to help recruit underrepresented students of color into the O&P profession.
The Hanger Foundation Diversity Scholarship program aims to:
- Equip students from diverse backgrounds with the tools they need to successfully pursue a career in the O&P profession.
- Attract more diverse candidates to O&P graduate programs by raising awareness of MSPO program offerings at the undergraduate level.
- Build a more inclusive profession to better serve all.
2022 Institution Partners
- Alabama State University
- Eastern Michigan University
- Northwestern University
- University of Hartford
- University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center
See 2021 Scholarship Recipients
Scholar Selection Process
Scholars are selected during the university’s admissions process and are recommended to the Foundation to receive the scholarship.
If interested in applying for a Hanger Foundation Diversity Scholarship, please contact your school’s admissions office.
If you have questions or need more information regarding the Hanger Foundation Diversity Scholarship program, email [email protected]